Bead Candy Quilts
Full day workshop
All skill levels
Use commonly available materials to create stunning mini-quilts that are so much fun to make they should be illegal! They can be finished in practically no time. Learn how to add beads, fringes and dangles, buttons, ribbons, feathers and countless other commonly available materials. They are so fun and easy that you can't stop.
Finished quilt will be about 2 ½ x 3 inches
- Basic sewing supplies (scissors, needles, thread, etc.)
Needles; I prefer #8 or #10 Large eyed 'between' quilting needle
#9 Milliner for smaller beads and for fringes and dangles.
- Rotary cutter, ruler and mat (Pinking edge cutter too, if you own one)
- Batting scrap
- Fabric Scraps
- 6" Embroidery hoop with muslin
- Nymo thread (beading thread)
You do not need to bring all of the following, I recommend that you pick a container (a gallon zip lock bag works well) and fill it with your favorites. It is hard to know in advance what you will need, so remember that there will be lots of extra stuff.
- Thread- Embroidery floss, pearl cotton or whatever; in-assorted colors
- Ribbon - scraps
- Doilies, Lace or lace motifs
- Ribbon roses
Optional, but nice
NO SEWING MACHINE NECESSARY
Contact me about availability and fee schedule